Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My daughter is such a girl. Already!

We came back from a few days in Hyderabad.  I wrote about that already, but I have to share one really cute sweet thing that happened the night that we came back.  Leela has a regular friend who comes over.  She is in second grade and comes over pretty much everyday after school to play with the babe.  She takes Leela by the hands and walks her around, speaks to Leela in Leela's own babbling baby talk which Leela really responds to, and plays with Leela with all the toys. It's always so fun and sweet to see.  She'll call Leela's name from her apartment down the hall and Leela will look all over for her.  She's actually the only person that I've tried to get Leela from and she pulls away.

So when we came back from Hyderabad the little girl came to the screen door and called Leela's name.  My little girl turned, sat up on her knees, put her hands by her mouth, screamed (I mean screamed) with joy, bouncing up and down, and crawled faster than you've ever seen any baby crawl straight to the door.  It reminded me of one of those crazy teenage girls at a Justin Beiber concert when he comes out on stage.  It was so funny!  I was laughing so hard water came to my eyes. Those two are going to miss each other so much.  In fact we were already told we should stay another month by this girl's sister.  I tried to convince her she should come to the US with us, trying to entice her with the idea of no school on Saturdays (they have school and Saturdays here), but she said something about missing her mom or something. 

That's my cute story. 

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Im loving the pictures of leelas very formal dresses. They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very beautiful! Also very hard to crawl in so she wears them strictly for pictures right now. It will be so much easier for her once she's walking majority of the time.

    ReplyDelete