Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pomegranates: the new blueberries

Before we left for India we skyped with Naveen's parents one day when Leela was enjoying her daily breakfast of oatmeal and blueberries.  With her face covered in purple and she thoroughly enjoying the berries my in-laws were worried about the fact they had no blueberries in India and asked if there was a way we could bring some with us.  I assured them there were probably other fruits in India she would enjoy just as much.

My in-laws know how much I enjoy a good piece of fresh fruit, and that it's something I start to miss when in India where everything is very much cooked and curried.  In order to make me feel welcome and comfortable my in-laws bought me a TON of fruit.  I'm pretty sure they bought the whole fruit stand.  Then my mother-in-law wanting me to eat the fruit peeled me about 4 pomegranates.  Have you ever eaten one of those things?  They are so much work to get the fruit out, so I thought it was so sweet she would go to all that work for me.  Of course it's kind of difficult for me to eat it all in one sitting.  I thought I'd try to give Leela a piece.  She loved it!  I have now decided pomegranates are the blueberries of India.  This is now what I've been giving her with her breakfast oats.

2 comments:

  1. Cooked and curried. :) Great job on your consonance; it has such a nice ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The English Major would tell me so :) Thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete